Pages

August 25, 2011

Something for life

The other day, I was thinking that these social networking sites, internet, messengers has already trapped us in “The Matrix v 0.1 alpha”. Our half day is spent on these virtual sites which has nothing in real in them. Day by day, everyone is being so much involved in these sites that they are actually loosing the values of reality. Or in other words, the reality of real relations.

Everyone has their own reasons of using these sites and defending them and I have my own reasons of getting away from these sites. I have been maintaining my Facebook activities from last 3 months to see how much change I have gone through. To my astonish, there is remarkable change. Here is my activity graph. You can see, there is steady decline in it. A decline from 680 notifications to 454 a month.

Now the question is, why is it so? Why a geek like me, who is into computers, into almost every social site is being frustrated by all these things. Well, honestly speaking, I don’t even know. But what I feel is that the reality is way more important than these virtual things. Talking to someone in real is way more freshening rather reading someone’s status messages and commenting on them or having a conversation on MSN.

0 comments:

Post a Comment